Prawn and Avodcado Salad
So my lovelies as the title may suggest I have a tasty little treat for you today. This salad is packed with vitamins and minerals but more importantly flavour. So this is what you’ll need.
Half a bowl of prawns (shrimp)
One ripe avocado
Mayo (can use light)
Salt & Pepper
Also feel free to add any salad favs of your own!!!
- First wash ALL you salad products and I always wash the prawns.
- Next add enough mayo to your prawns to cover and add the salt and pepper.
- Add 1/2 tsp of paprika and 1/2 tsp of the garlic flakes, mix really well.
- Next RIP your lettuce, cutting it makes it go soggy and brown quicker. Place this in a bowl.
- Scoop out the avocado and roughly slice. Add to the bowl.
- Chop the rest of the vegetables and add to the bowl.
- Add your prawns mix well.
This is going to make for a fantastic lunch but here are few facts about prawns and avocado that make this dish a must have on your lunch menu!
Although prawns are high in cholesterol they are low in fat and calories. They are also a good source of vitamin D. This helps calcium, iron and phosphorus absorption. (naturalfoodbenefit original fact source)
Mean while the avocado is just bursting with healthy lovely awesomeness 🙂 . Here’s but a few, BUT A FEW, of its benefits.
- Lots of healthy fats
- Packed with vitamins.
- More potassium than a banana.
- Loaded with fibre (authoritynutrition)
This meal is also very filling as you have the prawns and avocado to build it up a bit. I highly recommend you give it a go and let me know in the comments how you get on and if you liked it.
Also let me know any request you may have as I can have a good go at making it quick and simple for you.
Until next time my lovelies why not pop over to twitter @Tahneeblog and leave me a pic of your creation. Also for more bloggy goodness daily!!
Lots of Love