Hello my lovelies and welcome to this delicious Monday blog! The holidays have started in our house and the nice weather has disappeared, how very typical!
However let’s get on with it shall we and today I am sharing my vegetarian lasagne recipe. I have to say this is a family favourite and my brother in law once requested this as a birthday cake (lol), so I’m guessing it’s ok (everyone loves it, I don’t like to toot my horn lol)! So here you go my loves…..
Salt & pepper,
Deep rectangle dish,
1. So I always start by slicing my vegetable. So slice the tomatoes, cucumber and peppers into small pieces (diced).
2. Slice the onion and the garlic.
3. Add a teaspoon of oil to the frying pan and turn on a medium heat.
4. Add the onions and garlic and stir gently until softened.
5. Put in the rest of the vegetables and stir in and cook for about 2 mins, not long though.
6. Add the mince and stir well.
7. Let is cook for around 10-12 minutes to cook the mince.
8.Add a few pinches of salt and pepper.
9. Now add your tomato (Red) sauce, I will add homemade recipes for both Red and white sauce below, however today I was lazy and used jars.
10. Allow to cook for another 10 minutes.
11. Get your dish and add half the bolognese sauce to it and spread evenly across the bottom of the dish.
12. Add only 1/3 of the white sauce on the top of the bolognese and again spread it.
13. Add Lasagne sheets to cover as much as the sauce as possible, I break them to fit in the nooks and crannies.
14.Add the rest of the bolognese and ‘GENTLY’ spread evenly as you don’t want to move the bottom layer.
15.Add another layer of sheets.
16.Pour over the rest of the white sauce and spread evenly over the top.
17. Sprinkle the cheese generously over the top.
18. I always finish with a little pinch of salt & pepper on the top.
19. Pre-heat the oven at 200°, 400f and then cook for 30-35 minutes.
There you have it!! A delicious meal and we have ours with either salad, chips or garlic bread. Or even a mix of all of them! Depends how far the lasagne needs to stretch!
If you are concerned about the sugar contents, etc, and wouldn’t use a jar please find below my homemade red and whit sauce.
Put a good six to seven large tomatoes in a bowl (blender bowl if you have one).
Add a teaspoon of sugar,
Add a teaspoon of salt,
Also 3/4 teaspoons of mixed dry/freshly chopped herbs,
Also a little pinch of paprika, really adds something special,
Then blend it together and it’s ready to go in your mince.
Add a tablespoon of butter to a pan and heat on medium,
Let it melt and take it off the heat,
Put 3/4 tablespoons of plain flour in and create a paste (a rue),
Then put back on the heat add a tiny bit of milk and mix the paste to a smoother paste with no lumps,
Add more milk but gradually until you have added nearly a whole pint,
Allow to simmer on a lower heat and stir continuously as it does,
Let it thicken well and if it isn’t doing it add more flour but slowly as you don’t want it to lump,
If it gets too thick add more milk,
When it’s thick enough add a pinch of salt & pepper and you’re done.
Well my loves I hope you enjoyed this recipe as much as my family do!
Don’t forget to check out my Social Media pages to stay up to date with all things Tahnee’s Blog but also on my Facebook page at the moment, there is a giveaway (UK only)!! It’s closing today at 6pm (gmt) so be sure to check it out.
Lots of Love