Fairy CakesSo my loves hello and welcome to another tasty blog. If you’re new here thank you so very much for stopping by and I hope you enjoy it.
As some of you may know that here in the UK it is the summer holidays and with two little boys I do find myself at a loss with things to do with them. There are only so many park trips that you can have (lol). So here is a, 100% fail proof, victoria sponge fairy cakes that you can whip up with your little ones. Also to keep them happy, peaceful and quiet (lol) for at least one minute while they eat it!!!
Large Mixing Bowl,
12 Muffin Tray,s
4oz of castor sugar,
4oz of plain flour,
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda,
adding flavours or fruit at the end
Always wash your hands before cooking!!
- Pre-heat the oven to 180’c/350’f or gas mark 4,
- Cream together the butter and sugar until smooth,
- Add the the eggs, if its starts to curdle (looks like scramble egg) add a tsp of flour,
- Add the rest of the flour and mix until smooth,
- Add flavours or fruit,
- Put cases into a muffin tray,
- Fill each case equally until the cake mix is gone,
- Cook for roughly 10-12 minutes,
- Leave to cool completely,
- cut the tops off each cake and cut that circle in half,
- Next add a teaspoon of buttercream, I cheated and used a Betty Crocker Vanilla one,
- Add your cake top as wings.
- A sprinkle of icing sugar, sprinkles, or even edible glitter, the possibilities are endless.
Well that’s it that’s all you have to do! I do hope you enjoy trying these out. Even if it’s on your own or with your children, siblings or cousins I hope everyone enjoys making this tasty little treat.
Don’t forget to stop by my Social Media pages to keep up to date but until then I will see next time my loves! Be safe and be healthy!
Lots of Love