Sausage and Sketti
Hello my loves and how are you all? I hope you’re well! I am looking forward to getting back to normality as the summer holidays come to an end. However my youngest is starting nursery at that’s always a bitter sweet moment.
With the holidays having been, I have had to be more inventive with meal times as I have one fussy eater (5 yrs) and one I’ve decided I am not eating this (2 yrs).
I saw a video of this on both Facebook and Twitter various times in the last year or so. As you know I like to try things like this to see if they actually work and this one did! So I present to you ‘Sausage and Sketti’ for kids (or big kids lol).
Tin/Packet of hot dogs,
Tins of Tomatoes,
Pinch of salt,
Pinch of dry herbs
- Chop the hot dogs into four equal bits.
- Feed three pieces of spaghetti through 3/4 slices of sausage.
This bit can be fiddly, also be careful not to snap the pieces.
Don’t worry if the spaghetti is not 100% perfectly just
through is good.
- Boil the spaghetti, with the hot dog, as usual and drain gently when done.
- Add it back to pot and add the tin of tomatoes add the pinch or two salt and the dry herbs and allow to heat through. You could also fry some veg before adding tomatoes.
- Put in a bowl with a little grated cheese and you could also serve with garlic bread.
There you have it my loves a quick simple and very inexpensive meal idea. I have to say the hardest bit was threading the sausage but the boys enjoyed it so a win!
I hope you enjoyed this blog and do let me know over on my Social Media how you got on and I will see you next time.
Lots of Love