Hello lovelies and welcome to a very exciting blog.
I recently saw a tutorial on multiple websites these DIY pots and I decided to give it a go myself. Here is what you will need.
Ribbon or Glitter for the edging,
Small square of cardboard,
slightly larger than the circle top of the Pringle Pot,
- Cut the Pringle pot in half with the bread knife.
- Cut a small semi-circle in the bottom of one half like so….
- Cut the cardboard into a slightly larger circle than the Pringle pot lid. Then cut slits around it. Once done use glue to stick it on the bottom of the pot. Making sure the tabs are inside, as shown below,
Don’t forget to trim the tabs from the front. Or like I did take a second Pringles lid and trim the edge off the stick with super glue.
- Apply glue around your pot and apply the decorative paper. To apply it around the arched section I used the same slit technique as above so I could tuck it in for a better finish.
- Apply the ribbon on the top edge of the pots, covering the cut edge just to tidy it up. I also used a dab of super glue on the ribbon just to secure it properly.
- Then add the lid of your Pringle to the top and now you have a cotton pad holder and makeup brush holder!!!
I am seriously impressed with these as I only paid £2 for materials overall as the Pringle Pot was kindly donated (lol). But they look so pretty and stylish! Really simple to make and didn’t take long at all.
Lots of Love