So here I have the perfect Summer treat if you’re having a barbeque or a throwing a little Summer party. Using only a few ingredients you can make this perfect watermelon daiquiri slush cocktail.
You Will Need
1 whole watermelon,
2 Limes (1 for decoration),
Soft Light Brown Sugar,
- Start by slicing your watermelon in half and scooping that half out into a bowl.
- Save the watermelon skin as you will use this later. Wrap in cling-film and place in the freezer.
- Mash the scooped out watermelon, cover it and put in the freezer.Now you wait until an hour before you need it and take it out. Defrost at room temperature.
- Once It’s defrosted for an hour you can crush the watermelon with a spoon.
- Add a table spoon of the light brown sugar and stir it in.
- Next, you need to add the juice of one whole lime. Add it straight to the watermelon and give it another good mix.
- Now you will need to get your melon skin and add the gorgeous, watermelon mix to it. Now I suggest doing it this way for one main reason explained next.
- I would allow guests to add their own rum and lemonade as you don’t want your watermelon to prematurely melt. If you really want to though, before adding it to the bowl, add two shots of rum and a pint of lemonade.
- Place sliced watermelon around your bowl.
- Also, slice limes and smaller slices of watermelon to your glasses for decorations. You could also add a little mint to really finish it off perfectly.
That’s it you’re done! You have a gorgeous, refreshing beverage ready for all those summer soirees. The thing I love most about this is that you can take the rum out and you have a lovely mocktail as well. Great for kids in the hot weather as a cool snack and a cold drink. So a definite winner for those hotter days that are coming.
If you’re loving my double rimmed glasses you can get them here. They’re from Ozeri and can hold HOT and cold drinks!!
What is your favourite Summer tipple? Do you have any recommendations, if you do please leave them in the comments below and I hope you try this? If you do please tag me on my social media pages as I’d love to see your creations.
Lots of Love,