Hello to all of my festive lovelies!!
I am slowly getting in the festive mood and as of next week, Christmas will surely descend upon my house. I for one am ecstatic and can’t wait! Tinsel, twinkling lights, candy canes and of course Christmas crafts.
As I am sure you have guessed by now that I love using paper plates for crafts for so many reasons. They are so affordable at only about £2 for a good amount its such great value for money. Also, there are so many varieties of projects you can try and my blog alone is a testament to that. With the Christmas holidays fast approaching I thought these cute Christmas hats were a great idea.
You Will Need
Paint, Pencils or Pens,
Glitter, Sequins, Poms (General decorations)
- So the first step is to outline the star on the plate.
- Next, You want to cut the outlined shape below in black.
- After you have cut your star out you will want to decorate it. My plate was already yellow. However, you could paint is yellow or even use some tinfoil (aluminium) for some real sparkle.
- Now, just pull the star up so you can wear it as a hat.
This one is fabulous if your struggling with a Nativity/Christmas play costume. Or just good fun to snap a selfie. Even better is to keep the kids busy whilst “Santa” is busy too.
- Again, your first step is to outline the shape of the antlers onto the plate.
- Using the same method as above you can cut out the background of the antlers.
- Paint, colour or decorate the antlers. We went for a classic brown.
- Again, pull the antlers forward so you can wear it as a hat.
Add a red nose and your Rudolph. Or you could make different animals. This, again, is great for costumes for school plays or parties. I know some of our locals schools do this kind of thing for the celebration lunches they have.
- Outline your tree as above.
- Cut out the background, again, as above.
- Colour the tree.
- Add your little decorations.
- When it comes to lifting the tree. I used a strip of a brown card as the tree was heavy.
I went simple with some mini pom poms and a star. However, you could add all sorts of decorations to your tree. This one is my particular favourite out of all three as it looks so cute!
Well my loves, there you have it. Three simple but fun paper plate hats that you can make at home. Great if you love crafts to get into the Holiday spirit or if you’re letting the kids go crazy with the glue.
Do you like Christmas Crafts? Did you do them as a child? If so what’s your fondest memory? Let us know in the comments below.
Lots of Festive Love,